Want to work at the world's first purpose-built public art gallery? Check below to see and apply for any job opportunities at the Gallery. Find out about who you'll be working alongside in our Who We Are section.
Please note that due to the exceptional demand for jobs at the Gallery, we are unable to respond to unsolicited CVs.
Head of Operations & IT
Dulwich Picture Gallery’s vision is to be celebrated by its visitors and peers as the perfect place to visit and experience art and an example for others to follow. We hold a remarkable permanent collection of Old Master paintings, including works by Poussin, Rubens, Murillo, Van Dyck, Rembrandt, Watteau, Gainsborough and others, housed in a purpose-built gallery designed by Sir John Soane, with an extension by Rick Mather completed in 2000. The collection is complemented by critically acclaimed special exhibitions and an award-winning education programme. The Gallery is run by a team of about forty full-time staff, many part-time staff and an enthusiastic team of volunteers. Last year we welcomed around a quarter of a million visitors to site, with the Gallery’s exhibitions and public programme growing in popularity and ambition. Within this context we currently have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to lead and direct the Gallery’s daily operations.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the Gallery’s strategy as a member of the Management Committee, with responsibility for the development and delivery of operations and IT.
- Generating and delivering comprehensive safety, security, maintenance and disaster management plans for the Gallery
- Managing all support systems including IT, security, H & S, compliance, licencing, telecoms and ticketing.
- Overseeing the delivery of exceptional visitor service and robust security by all operations staff.
- Managing the catering contract and ensuring operational performance in relation to the current contract.
- Manage the financial budgets and projections for all aspects of the role.
- Supporting the events programme including commercial, public programme and development events.
- Candidates for this role will have several years’ experience working in a senior position in facilities, site and/or IT management within a busy, customer facing organisation. You will be highly self-motivated, with excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and organisational skills. With knowledge at the level of ‘informed client’ of IT infrastructure and support you will be comfortable with contributing to IT strategy and managing relationships with an outsourced IT support supplier. You will also have an understanding of Health & Safety requirements and experience of setting up and managing safe working practices. You will have experience of delivering daily operations, whilst balancing your workload and competing priorities to also deliver ambitious site projects.
Term: Permanent, full-time
Salary: From £42,000 per annum, commensurate with experience.
Further information: To view the job description for the role please click here.
Applications should be made by CV and covering letter and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline 1200 Monday 18 July 2016. Interviews will be held on Friday 22 July at the Gallery.