Join the Friends
What are the benefits?
Become a Friend of Dulwich Picture Gallery and enjoy free entry to the collection and all our exhibitions, all year round. As a Friend you get:
- Unlimited FREE entry to all visiting exhibitions. Take a look at what's coming up: Harald Sohlberg: Painting Norway, Cutting Edge and Rembrandt's Light.
- Unlimited FREE entry to our Collection
- Invitations to Friends' Private Views
- Friends Rates on tickets for lectures, art classes, talks & events
- The award-winning InView magazine issued 3 times a year
- The opportunity to get involved with the work of the Friends
- Options to join at Friend Plus or Friends Extra and bring a family guest/guests
- Receive the Gallery's monthly e-news
Friends Membership Levels:
- Young Friend: £25 a year (one person, aged 30 or under)
- Friend: £43 a year (one person, no family guest)
- Friend Plus: £61 a year (one person plus one family guest)
- Friends Extra: £86 a year (two members at a single address plus two family guests)
Direct Debit Offer: Get 2 months free with Direct Debit!
When signing up to pay by Direct Debit for the first time, your first payment will cover 14 months of membership, instead of 12.
How to join:
Simply complete the application form and either bring it along with you when visiting the Gallery or post it to: Friends Memberships, Dulwich Picture Gallery, Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AD.
Got any questions? Check out our FAQs.
If you want to buy a Friends gift membership, please click here.
If you have queries please email the Friends Memberships team or phone: 020 8299 8751
Where your money goes:
Unlike many other art galleries, Dulwich Picture Gallery receives no regular government funding, so has to raise around half its income each year from fundraising. The Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery is a separate registered charity run by volunteers, so your subscription benefits the Gallery directly.
Currently, the Friends donate around £400,000 a year to the Gallery, helping to:
- Support the temporary exhibitions
- Contribute to the conservation and restoration of the Collection
- Support the outreach work of the Education Department
- Maintaining the Gallery, including the building
Who are the Friends?
Currently, there are more than 8,000 Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery. They are a diverse group from across London, the South East and beyond.
- Being a Friend brings an enriched relationship with the Gallery and its art. Once they join, most stay as Friends for many years.
- There is an active and committed group of Friends who regularly organise events throughout the year, which are open to all.
- Becoming a Friend brings a sense of belonging to an important part of the local community.
- There is a group of Friends who welcome visitors, sell tickets and deal with Membership enquiries at the Gallery.