Frequently asked Questions about Direct Debit
Friends Memberships FAQ - Direct Debit
What are the benefits of paying by Direct Debit?
- Never forget your renewal – your membership will renew automatically every year.
- No need to bother writing a cheque or spend time renewing at the Gallery.
- Come to the Gallery whenever you want without worrying if your membership has lapsed.
- No risk of ever missing an edition of our thrice-yearly award-winning magazine.
- When signing up to pay by Direct Debit for the first time, your first payment will cover 14 months of membership, instead of 12.
Is it safe?
- Your bank details will be held securely in accordance with the latest data protection standards.
What if I don’t know my bank’s full postal address?
- Your bank’s sort code, the account number and account name are all the information we need to set up a Direct Debit.
What if an error is made?
- The Direct Debit Guarantee (see below) protects you if an error is made.
- In the unlikely event of an error, you are entitled to an immediate refund; just ask your bank or building society.
How will I know when my account will be debited?
- We will contact you at least 10 working days before the payment date to tell you when and how much is to be debited from your account.
How can I cancel my Direct Debit?
- You can cancel your Direct Debit at any time by contacting the Friends Membership office or by contacting your bank or building society; you may also be able to do it using online banking. If you decide to cancel your Friends membership, just contact the Friends Membership office before your membership expires.
What if I change my bank account?
- If you use the Current Account Switch Service, your Direct Debit will be transferred to your new account automatically without you having to do anything.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery ask you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com or phone 020 8299 8751