Botanical Clay Sculpture
Join ceramic artist Katie Spragg in this online masterclass exploring botanical sculpture. Katie will help you to create beautiful plant-based scultpures, inspired by Unearthed: Photography's Roots. You'll learn clay modelling skills and come away with your own beautiful ceramic artwork and a set of tools to continue your clay making journey.
All experience levels are welcome, including complete beginners.
Katie Spragg is a ceramic artist and educator. She currently tutors on MA Ceramics & Glass at the Royal College of Art and runs Clay for Dementia at the Garden Museum. Her work is exhibited and held in collections internationally, including by Make, Hauser & Wirth Somerset and the V&A Museum.
These materials are included in your ticket, and will be posted to you:
• 3kg of air-drying clay (cannot be fired)
• A set of plastic clay modelling tools
• 1 wooden dowel (to roll out your clay)
• 1 Wooden board
You may wish to source some extra materials yourself (optional):
• 1 small, fine paintbrush, such as a watercolour brush
• 1 small sponge
• Wooden skewers and 2-3 cocktail sticks
• 1 small rock/bit of brick
• Leaves; flat ones with a good texture underneath are best, such as sage leaves
• Thin lengths of wire
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions