Friends Advisory Panel
The Friends Advisory Panel is a small group of Friends members set up to support and strengthen Dulwich Picture Gallery as a critical friend by providing a forum for discussion and debate. The Advisory Group does not hold executive powers. It is guided by core values of integrity, independence and impartiality, innovation, insight and inclusivity. The next panel will be appointed in Spring 2024.
1. Critical friend – provide insights, ideas and feedback on current exhibitions, events, facilities and appeals. Encourage support and provide constructive challenges.
2. New ideas – promote outreach and engagement with and broaden understanding between the Gallery and the Friends to increase participation in and support for Gallery activities.
3. Advocacy – to be an ambassador and advocate for the Gallery, raising the Gallery’s profile and supporting/amplifying fundraising campaigns.
Twelve members who are Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery, reflecting experience across a broad range of interests within the Friends’ membership and a diversity of backgrounds to deliver an inclusive approach. Membership will be renewable every three years and will be via applications to the Gallery.
Resource and commitment
Each panel member will commit to four days of support per year for meetings and occasional work (by agreement) in between meetings.
• An understanding and enthusiasm for the work and mission of the Gallery.
• A commitment to the Gallery's Diversity and Inclusion aims
• An appreciation for the visual arts in general.
• Previous experience in volunteering for similar organisations is desirable but not essential